Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Beginning--again!

I'd barely gotten started with this blog last year when I promptly let my commitments slip! One post, and I was already in hot water. How sad is that? But I'm back, reinvigorated and re-inspired to share all my little nuggets of wisdom with you, on everything from planning a smashing theme party, to fashion and style, to healthy living--essentially, a bunch of fun and easy to do tips you can use to make every day of your life into a celebration. That's the idea here: life's a party, and all you need to get your groove on is a little confidence and organization. I'm excited to help with both!

And here I go, putting theory into action. In order to guarantee to both of us that I'll be regularly updating this blog, I'm committing to a series of topics, with each weekday boasting their own particular themes.

Mondays are dedicated to tips on healthy living. Tasty low-fat recipes for every day as well as for special occasions, fun and easy ways to get some action and activity in your routine, stories about my own development of a healthy lifestyle, and some of my thoughts on meditation and spiritual wellness--all little ways you can make feeling good part of every day of your life.

Tuesdays are all about crafts, and all the splendid ways "making stuff" will brighten up your day. With kids or without kids, getting creative (and maybe even a little messy) is always full of fun and excitement, and you usually end up with something cool and useful at the end! I'll include tips and walk-throughs for great crafting activities, templates and suggestions for keeping things affordable, manageable and usable. There's nothing that's a bigger waste of time than a craft that you think is ugly or serves no function, so lets make something we WANT!

One of my favorite things to do is plan a party--and I do not mess around. Wednesdays are a showcase of some of my best ideas and experiences with hosting get-togethers both big and small, casual and elaborately themed. I'll include tips and walk-throughs on everything from creating invites, navigating awkward social groups, working with a budget, planning a playlist and more.

Thursdays are dedicated to my truest love of all, style. Even though I am obsessed with clothes and stylistic expression, I am always hesitant to use the word "fashion," because it seems so exclusive to me. Who decides what is fashionable? How are we all supposed to make that work for us? What if I hate your furry boots or your plaid button down shirt, but my adorable a-line skirt is now technically "last season?" Here, I'll post outfits and pieces that I think are beautiful, fun, classic, affordable (or at least copy-able!) and suggestions on how to turn seasonal trends into a style more unique and longer-lasting. I have a lot of opinions on the world of fashion, so you'll get some rants as well. But most of all, you'll get lots of encouragement on how to craft a style that fits your personality as well as your body shape, that breaks that code of "whats-in," but still turns heads in all the right ways.

I'm saving Fridays for shameless self-promotion. My ultimate dream is to make you look and feel beautiful in something from my own line of party attire. On Fridays, I'll post pictures of my latest creations, which are all orderable and customizable through my etsy site. Here's where you'll see all my weekly obsessions culminate into one--my crafting/entertaining/fashion pursuits that make my life one of celebration. La Vie Celebre! Let the party begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment